Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My New Deck

This spring my Dad built my dream deck. I have always wanted a deck where I could sit outside, maybe entertain sometimes, and enjoy my wee little garden space. He did a fabulous job, bigger and better than I imagined. Thank you, Daddy.

Now for the table in the front - it is a gift from my lady friends. It goes with the new wicker chairs that I got for my birthday last month. Well, if you are going to have a deck, you have to have somewhere to sit - right?
The beautiful white banner on the fence is from an Etsy vendor, Catcarousel, all the way from Spain. She sews them from beautiful white crisp cotton fabric, each flag is different. I wish I had a camera that would take close-ups so you could see how pretty it is.




There is my garden shed in the background. The photos are a bit darker because of the cloud cover, but the forcast was for rain tomorrow.





I have a lavender plant in the ice bucket that I bought at the Passionate Home's Canadian Farm Chick Tag and Garden sale. If you can't read it, it says 'Fleurs' on it. I love it!







Thank you for joining me on my deck, I hope you had a good time.


Please visit some of the other's from White Wednesday, just click on the photo on my sidebar.



10 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

Hi there from New Brunswick! Your deck is a lovely spot to have breakfast, lunch and supper too! You and I have the same first name :-) I have met a lot of Pamela's on blogs. I hope you enjoy your new deck often. Blessings, Pamela

Miss Gracie's House said...

It's so pretty...makes one want a glass of lemondade...love the fleur pot, too!
Rene

Vintage Home said...

ah your deck is wonderful!...Love the furniture! those chairs are beautiful!

La La's Land said...

How great that your dad built your deck for you! It looks like a nice place to enjoy the lovely weather we are having now.

Ana said...

Wow Pamela, your deck looks amazing. Great job Dad! Love the furniture. Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Unknown said...

Pamela, thank you for following and allowing me to find that way. LOVE your blog, your tags, your decor and I'm going back for more. I can see you having fun "decking" the deck. Stop by soon and blesings to you, Marta.

Vintage Home said...

So good to see your comment! Glad you are coming on the 24th! Still think about your advent calendar!

Angelina Garcia said...

How sweet of your dad to build you the deck you’ve always wanted! It looks great! What wood did he use for the deck? Oh, and the furniture you placed on it is perfect!

Barrett Elmore said...

Your dad did such a great job with your deck! It definitely looks comfy and cozy. I would suggest staining the wood though, especially the floor planks, to keep them waterproof. A dark mahogany or cherry stain would add a really good contrast to the stark white color of the excellent furniture you chose.

Unknown said...

What a lovely deck you have! The white chair is definitely the highlight of the space. It complements the dark wood shade of your fence. The red flowers are also a nice touch! I hope you still keep your deck this way, or improve it even more. :)
{Becky Steele}

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin