Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Incredibly Talented Friend

My girlfriends gave me a lovely early birthday luncheon and this was one of the gifts that I received. It is entirely handmade from paper and a paper mache book box.
Each delicate flower is made by hand by the artiste, and the box itself is painted white. You would not believe how lovely this is in person.



See the beautiful crystal bead closure.






The inside is lined with criss-crossed ribbon and pearls. Thank you, Betty.


I am linking to White Wednesday - Just click on the photo on the sidebar.


12 comments:

Jacqui said...

Wow, that is sooooo beautiful!

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

What a beautiful gift! A special treasure!

Happy WW Hugs!
Lori

imsteelefullofscrap said...

Wow it is beautiful your lucky to have a friend like her

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

What a gorgeous piece of art Pamela....and, yes, I agree your friend is very talented!! Sending belated happy birthday wishes your way!
xojanis

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dear Friend,
Your Birthday Book is BEautiful & you are Blessed to have a Friend that makes such a Beautiful Gift for you.
Again Happy Birthday Lady Pamela I hope today was wonderful & you got many gifts of love
Hugs
Dona

Ana said...

Oh Pamela, it's so beautiful...What a sweet and thoughtful gift. Wishing you a wonderful new week.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

Very pretty. I also love the painting on your sidebar with the sparrow on the old door knob. Love that scripture, yet we all worry. Thanks for stopping by to see my garden. Your husband had an incident with pesticide. Mine had an incident with fertilizer. Yellow burn spots in the lawn!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Happy Birthday to you!
That books is lovely...I have one. I can't believe I didn't think to paint it white!!!!

Kathy said...

I am a first time visitor wishing you a Happy Birthday.
A wonderful friend to make such a treasure. Your blog is lovely.

Miss Gracie's House said...

Beautiful!
Rene

Miss Gracie's House said...

oops...for got to say Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely gift!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin