Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Decor

Frosted ornaments hanging from my dining room chandelier.
My Dad's idea was to put the Snow Owl on the fireplace. My DH bought me the owl last year for Christmas. He is certainly unique. (The owl, that is, not my DH)
The vintage silver coaster idea came from a dear blogging friend, Janis at Junk Dreams. She has the BEST ideas ever. I thought of making the JOY banner after I saw Janis' BOO banner in the fall. Looks like 'Great minds think alike'.


It is easy to make silvery Christmas balls. I bought old glass ones at the local thrift shop, soaked them is dish soap and warm water, then scrubbed off the colour. They are mostly silver underneath.





Our Christmas tree had a red cardinal attached to it. I found the dove at the thrift store for .25 and replaced it. It reminded me that God will not give me more than I can handle. It was a great blessing that day.


2 comments:

June said...

The holiday decor in your cottage is so lovely Lady Pamela. Beautiful touches everywhere. I think I need a white dove to remind me of that same truth. Thank you for sharing.
hugs

Ana said...

Oh Lady Pamela,
Everything looks amazing. Love, love, love it all. I am so glad I stopped by...it has been a tough few days and I needed to be reminded that God will not give me more than I can handle. Thank you. Hope that all is well and wishing you a wonderful Monday.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin