Sunday, March 14, 2010

Blessed Beyond Measure

Have you ever had a day when you were so excited your heart could hardly stand it? Friday was a day like that for me. I was finally able to meet one of my blogging favorites, Janis of Junk Dreams.
She is an amazing artist and as Anne of Green Gables would have said, we are kindred spirits.
I have chosen a special word for 2010, rather than doing the usual New Year's Resolution. It was an idea I got while reading renowned scrapbooker Ali Edwards blog. It is a word that I chose - looking for quotes, art, whatever I may come across to bring back my own personal peace.
I have seen Janis' work in The Passionate Home and contacted Janis, asking if she would create a special piece that I could have in my home to focus my thoughts on. As you can see, she agreed. We met at a local coffee shop, she had four for me to choose from. These are the two that I brought home. Janis, you are indeed a special person, and I thank you.


My sister took the photo of Janis, Carrie and myself at the Passionate Home. A day I will surely not forget.

7 comments:

Sandi said...

These pieces are beautiful Pamela!! You are so blessed that you were able to meet Janis.I love her work too!! Wishing *peace* for you this year.
Blessings~

Anonymous said...

What lovely pictures. What beautiful gifts. That of Friendship, & kindred Souls & of course the gifts made with your Special Word. You truly are blessed without Measure. Thanks for sharing.
x0x0x
Dona

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

It was so nice to finally meet you as well Pamela and yes, we are, indeed, kindred spirits!!
Happy day!
xojanis

The Floppy Cow said...

Hello Pamela,
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and dropping a note.What gorgeous items,I can hardly wait to look around.

My Cottage Charm said...

Hi there...just stopping by to say thanks for following my blog and also to invite you to my weekly blog party-Treasures & Trinkets Thursday. :) You just link up something you love...pretty easy! :) Thanks again for joining, have a great night!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Hi Lady Pamela,
Time for a new Blog Adventure. I am missing your White Wednesdays & Dougs latest Honey- Do. What have you been up to & were have you been going?
T Q

Cindy said...

What a great idea, then you will have those around your home to remember as the years go by. A different word for each year. I have been in Carrie's shop many times. I used to live in Langley, now I live in Winnipeg, glad I found your blog, though, and i will be back! Hugs, Cindy s

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin