Saturday, July 14, 2012

Spring Project

 This is one of the spring projects that my Dad built for me this year. It is so great to have him living with us - he will build anything I ask him to. The armoir in the centre was a Craig's list find. He converted it from a computer desk into office storage. We sold the old Ikea bookcases that looked out of place in my colour scheme, but then I missed looking at all my pretty things that used to sit on them for display. I have to have my 'things' you know.
 So, Elinor from The Passionate Home suggested that we just add some small cases on either side of the armoir. Of course I could not find anything in the right size pre-made. So that was when I asked Dad if he would make them for me. Of course, how could he say 'no'.
I love how we used beadboad as the backing, and all the trim to make it look finished. Even all the edges have trim on them.
Now I need to take some photos of them filled up. I thought I had already done that. I guess that is for next time.

Linking with Miss Mustard Seed
and Faded Charm White Wednesday #161

12 comments:

{oc cottage} said...

oh my! how gorgeous! you are SO lucky to have a personal carpenter!!! ;}

m ^..^

Jacqui said...

Love that idea. How gorgeous!

farmhouse-story said...

this is so pretty and look at all the storage! and how special your dad is, helping you with his great skills!

June said...

I want a dad like yours Pamela : )
This is just perfect! I love how you can still showcase your 'lovelies' and hide the not so lovelies.
sending hugs...

Vintage Home said...

Fabulous....you really need to link up with Miss Mustard seeds furniture friday..I think its her. What an amazing solution and so very pretty & well done! Such a transformation there are many of those tv cabinets out there but this is a truly delightful repurposing!
Happy to see more...do you have a b4?

Vintage Home said...

http://missmustardseed.com/2012/07/furniture-feature-friday-link-party-favorites-2/

this is the link for last fridays party @ Furniture Friday...seriously yours will be picke as a feature I am sure!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi Pamela, The book cases are fantastic. May I borrow your wonderful Dad ;-)?
Hugs,
Julia

Sandi said...

SO PRETTY Pamela! He did a fabulous job!!
hugs~

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

What a wonderful talent your Dad has. This unit is absolutely gorgeous!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

So pretty! How lucky to have a handyman in the family. Love the bead board!

Ana said...

Hello my sweet friend,
It was so nice to hear from you. Hope you are doing well. You are so lucky to have such a handy dad. Those cases look like they came with the armoire. Excellent job. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Hugs and Kisses,
❤Ana

Claudine from ReStory.ca said...

Dear Pamela,
I nominated you for a Tell me about yourself award! I would love to learn more about you!
Hugs
Claudine

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin