Friday, June 29, 2012

A Really Amazing Artist

 I know it's been a R-E-A-L-L-Y long time since you have all had a post from me. This afternoon is quiet and the housework is done (is it really ever always done?) so I thought I should catch up on some of the things that I have been doing around the cottage.
The first thing I noticed is that Blogger is totally all changed! So I have to figure things out again. This may take some time, so I will keep my posts simple.

I met a fellow blogger and ARTISTE EXTRAORDINARE quite by accident one afternoon while my DH and I were taking a drive in a different township. My eagle eyes spotted a "Craft Sale" sign and I shouted - follow that sign! We did, and we eventually came to a home where several crafts people had set up a small sale. Of course I had to see what they had. I saw a few of Kristy's goodies, notably the signs that she makes. I fell in love. I took her business card and sent her an email asking if she would consider making a custom one for me.  She agreed and here is the resulting treasure.
Kristy has an amazing talent and the wood seems to inspire her. She loves a good challenge, too.
To read her post about how she came about this design, you can visit her blog here. 
Please tell her Lady Pamela sent you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow...how serendipitous! that sign is fabulous!!

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

What a lovely sign - perfect for your charming home. Thanks so much for your visit, and mentioning you read my article in Somerset Life. I'm so happy to hear that! :)

Unknown said...

Your sign is beautiful--and I know what you mean about all the changes on blogger. I was away from my blog for a couple of months (EatWriteDreamStitch.blogspot.com) and when I returned I didn't know if I would be able to figure it all out! There's also something going on with them wanting me to pay to put photos on Picassa! I need a blogger guide! Take care.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin